Thursday, December 19, 2013

CHANEL Stylo Eyeshadow - # 07 Moon River
 
"Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me."
 
- Moon River, Breakfast at Tiffany’s -
 
I went to check out last summer the L’Ete Papillon de Chanel Summer Collection for summer 2013 and I found this beautiful colour of the stylo eyeshadow named # 07 Moon River. The name reminds me of my favorite part in "Breakfast at Tiffany’s" movie, with the most memorable role of magnificent Audrey Hepburn wearing the most perfect of designer clothes and accessories, in this movie of all times that among all, puts together two things that I am very fond of: the idealized New York City with its growing beauty and of course Tiffany and Co. So I couldn't help it, I had to put the lyrics of this beautiful song. However, I am not here to talk cinema, so I will just continue with what I have just started to write about, Chanel's stylo eyeshadow swatch.
 
The product I have choosen wasn't available, as this whole collection was in a limited edition and it was immediately sold out. Luckily, I found it a month ago in one airports' dutyfree.
 
The Chanel stylo eyeshadow comes in a pen/stick form with a twist up mechanism very easy to use. The Collection includes 6 shades: Moon Rives, Jade Shore, Blue Bay, Black Stream, Pink Lagoon and Cool Gold.
 
 
 
# 07 Moon River is described as "platinum" shade. It is actually a metallic taupe shade with shimmery finish. But the shimmery effect is, I could say sophisticated, and not as you are going to a 1980s prom night. The taupe colour is one of my favorite colours whether it is for make up or for clothes. Sometimes it is not well understood and no one can actually describe it. But we can say it is a light brown or beige colour, having its own particularity.
 
 
The consistency is very wet-like with its cooling, water-infused formula, so when you apply it you feel this freshness on your eyes. Well, it is described as a Fresh Effect Eyeshadow and this is really what it is. The texture is creamy, so it glides smoothly for an even application. You can use it as eyeshadow or eyeliner. Also, you can wear it alone or with a darker eyeshadow or black eyeliner.
It is very compact and practical, so you can bring it with you everywhere.


Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow retails for 28,50€ in Sephora Stores in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment