Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dior Diorific Vernis - # 751 Marilyn
Diorific Vernis is just one product of the Holiday 2012 Dior Collection called Grand Ball Collection. 
Honestly I did not have the intention of buying a new red nail polish but when I saw this limited edition of Dior Grand Ball Winter 2012 Collection, I went for it right away. And to be honest, first I liked the bottle and than what was in it. However I was seduced right away by the color # 751 Marilyn although a classic red but with a tint of originality. The nail polish collection is composed of 4 shades: # 011 Lady a pearly soft snow white, # 751 Marilyn a classic red, # 901 Diva a dark black with golden shimmers and # 207 Diorling a champagne golden shade with a large proportion of gold shimmers. For this holiday collection, Dior repackaged the nail polishes, and the bottle is just so cute with its golden topper. It brings to you the magic of the holidays. The brush is a bit shorter than usual, but this is no trouble. The application is easy because you can handle perfectly the cap with your fingers.
 

Diorific Vernis # 751 Marilyn

# 751 Marilyn is a vibrant true ruby red, perfect to wear during the holidays. It has a bit of raspberry shade depending on the light which I like and makes it different from the other red nail polishes. If you bring the bottle to light you will notice some gold shimmers which you will not see on the nails. On the photos taken with flash, I have only one coat applied and I find it quite enough as you can reach full opacity because of its high pigmentation. The colour tends to raspberry with one coat and deeper red with two coats. I like them both. After few days of wearing with one coat, I renew the colour by applying a second coat.

Diorific Vernis # 751 Marilyn

The wear time is  long. Personally, I can wear it for one week or even 10 days but always with a top coat that protects the colour and gives it a shiny effect. I always use Essie's top coats which are great. I use Essie Good to go which is a transparent rapid dry top coat. You can apply your nail polish, apply the top coat Good to go and your nail are dry right away. In the same time, this top coat protects the colour so it lasts longer, but it also revives the colour each time you apply it by giving it a shiny finish because of its transparent colour.

Essie - Good to go top coat


Dior Diorific Vernis retails for around 23€ in France. 
Essie Good to go retails for around 10€ in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment