Monday, January 21, 2013

Rouge d'Armani - # Rouge 400
 
Giorgio Armani creates high quality make up products. I use few of them (Rouge d'Armani lipstick, Eyes to Kill mascara and High precision retouch concealer) and I can say that I am highly satisfied.
Rouge d'Armani is a lipstick that offers full lasting color. It doesn't dry your lips, it is very comfortable to wear, and yet the wear time is very long, especially for the darker colors. The color range is large, from bright shades like beige and pink all the way to darker ones like red and brown. The packaging is very elegant, a black lacquered case with a magnetic closure, maybe a bit heavy but luxurious.  
 
Rouge d'Armani # Rouge 400
with flash
The "400" is the red range. I chose # Rouge 400 which is a stunning red color. I usually do not wear red lipsticks, as you might have noticed, I am more fond of nude colors, but this one has me captivated. I must say that is a fabulous red and I adore it.
 
with flash
 
As you can see from the swatch (taken with flash) it is a very pigmented intense true red, and yet it is only one swipe on my hand. It looks a bit like flashy red because of the flash but it is a bit darker in real. It has an opaque coverage with a creamy finish and a natural shine. Or I could say also a slight glossy finish, just what you need, and eventually goes into semi-matte finish. I confirm that it is a true long lasting lipstick, I can wear it for few hours, even after eating, drinking and taking, it is still here. It turns into more matte after few hours of wear time. 


Of course you will have to use a lip pencil in order to perfectly define your lips before applying the lipstick. As it is an intensive color, the lip pencil will protect the appearance of those small colored lines above your lips and will also extend the hold of the lipstick.
However, as it is a highly pigmented lip color, you will need more time to take it off and a good make up remover.

Rouge d'Armani retails for 31,50€ in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment